VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Administrative Assistant for Health Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Health Services
ABOUT THE ROLE: Provide general office management and work closely with the Director to ensure the efficient operation of the Department and optimal service to clients.
- Ordering supplies.
- Faxing/scanning/electronically filing/copying/shredding.
- Making outgoing phone calls and handling inquiries from outside providers/organizations.
- Typing correspondence for the department.
- Training Management Assistance: Monitoring and tracking staff attendance to required trainings, schedule and room set up; maintaining training registration lists; collecting and securing attendance sheets and/or certificates; maintaining the training tracking reports; distributing the training tracking reports to the programs electronically; preparing training packets.
- Assist with compliance audits and assessments.
- HS diploma required with related post HS training, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Office management certificate is an advantage.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing administrative assistance and support to an executive level administrator.
- Minimum one-year experience in mental health or social service fields.
- Excellent in the following skills: typing, organizational, planning, time management, and coordinating, communication, information gathering and monitoring, problem analysis and problem solving, initiative, attention to details and accuracy, adaptability.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org