VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Assessment Counselor
REPORTS TO: Admissions Director
ABOUT THE ROLE: The Assessment Counselor provides the development and management of coordinated assessment and counseling services to ensure optimum services are provided to new admissions and existing clients.
- Responsible for initial screening and biopsychosocial assessment of all new clients that present to the Access Center.
- Utilization of screening tools to assess for the lowest level of clinical care; along with wrap around services.
- Counsel clients on the various levels of clinical care and encourage participation to improve all life areas.
- Work collaboratively with Intake Department to ensure continuity of care for all new admissions.
- Work Collaboratively with Support Staff to schedule and ensure completion of medical assessments and psychiatric evaluation appointments.
- LMSW, LMHC or Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in the behavioral health field and knowledge of OASAS/OMH systems.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com