VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: HARP Care Manager for Health Home Department
REPORTS TO: Health Home Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE: The role of the Health Homes Care Manager, is guiding chronically ill patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes. The Health Homes Care Manager (HHCM) acts as the team leader, provides direct services to patients including the completion of needs assessments, development of patient focused care plans, periodic reassessments and overall comprehensive service coordination. The Care Manager also functions as an advocate for clients within the agency and with external service providers. Care Manager is ultimately responsible for the overall provision and coordination of services to assign patients’ caseload.
- Provides direct service consistent with NYSDOH regulations for Health Homes.
- Screens for functional scale eligibility, conducts initial assessments, and periodic reassessments of patients’ needs including medical, mental health, substance use, financial, housing and support needs.
- Provides crisis intervention and health education services as needed.
- Develops patient focused care plans with documented input and approval from other providers, and the patient in compliance with Health Home standards.
- Conducts home/field visits and maintains patient contact in accordance with program standards.
- Coordinates patient services with internal and external service providers through regular case conferencing.
- Ensures appropriate record documentation from all members of the case management team.
- BA/BS Degree is required. Two (2) years’ experience in care coordination preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability/interest in working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, chronic medical conditions, mental illness, substance use, and homelessness.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a complex environment.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to KJWilliams@vipservices.onmicrosoft.com