VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of CCBHC Programs (822)
ABOUT THE ROLE: Provides clinical services and coordination of care in an integrated community environment. Provides consultation to clinical teams for clients with dual diagnoses including Mental Health, Substance Use and Medical needs.
- Conducts groups and individual sessions in the clinic setting and in the community.
- Conducts home and community visits.
- Provides ongoing clinical services to assigned caseload and provides consultation for clients who may need services or are in need of short term clinical interventions.
- Provide services in an evidence based manner to encourage retention in services.
- Refer to additional services as appropriate.
- CASAC (Dual Bachelor of SW or equivalent/Dual MSW or equivalent preferred).
- Knowledge of provision of SUD/MH services in person-centered, trauma-informed and recovery oriented environment.
- Understanding and willingness to support Medication Assisted Treatment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with staff and colleagues throughout VIP and ability to work as part of a team.
- Understanding and willingness to provide services in an integrated setting.
- Ability to verbally express ideas and concepts clearly to others.
- Experience with children, adults and families.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to maintain charts as per policy and procedures.
- Bilingual, ability to speak Spanish desirable.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com