The Grants Specialist will provide ongoing monitoring of expenditures, coordinate with the finance team to initiate purchases and obtain reimbursements, analyze spending patterns and propose recommended modifications to manage spending levels, and generate periodic and ad hoc reporting; reconcile expenses on a monthly, annual, and as-needed basis to conform with agency reporting guidelines.
1. Monitor all delegated grants/programs in relation to accounting, budget management, key internal and external reports, etc.
2. Review and analyze the agency’s expense and revenue budget, including the allocation of resources to respective agency divisions and programs. Make recommendations for planning and corrective actions, with the goal of minimizing end of year surpluses and avoiding deficits.
3. Conduct analyses on program efficiencies in the use of financial resources and make recommendations with the purpose of enhancing efficiency and increasing productivity. Work with program staff, HR and the Procurement Analyst to track units’ expenditures, changes and, if necessary, needs as well as develop yearly personnel and non-personnel budgets
4. Forecast expenditures and perform financial analysis as needed, including bi-weekly year-end projections and projections for the coming out years.
5. Serves as fiscal liaison in coordination with the Director of Grants &Contracts, with program directors in expense and/or budget monitoring as well as reporting of fiscal performance of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a nonprofit –human services organization
- Experience as fiscal analyst for a program/grant/contract
- Knowledge of bank reconciliation, program/grant budget preparation, preparing vouchers for billing to funders
- Thorough understanding nonprofit accounting concepts, generally accepted accounting principles and grants accounting
- Knowledge of federal, New York State and City contracts, reporting and billing processes.
- Knowledge of Fund-EZ accounting software
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com