VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: HIV Testing Counselor/Driver
REPORTS TO: Program Director
ABOUT THE ROLE: The HIV Testing Counselor will be responsible for conducting Linkage to Care to HIV+ Individuals, HIV pre/post-test counseling, and community outreach. In addition, this position will conduct HIV risk assessments as well as health education and risk reduction counseling and complete all requisite paperwork. HIV Test Counselor is required to possess and maintain a clean driver’s licenses to drive and operate EIS Testing Van.
- Conduct HIV pre/post test counseling sessions.
- Member of the community outreach team via mobile testing van. Drive mobile testing van and EIS Team to and from assigned locations as directed.
- Maintain daily log of vehicle.
- Respond to emergency calls when directed by management.
- Perform HIV risk assessments.
- Provide health education and risk reduction counseling.
- High school diploma/GED with at least one (1) year of experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS.
- CASAC training, a plus
- Certification in HIV Pre/Post-Test Counseling, a plus.
- Knowledge about HIV/AIDS, STDs and the Risk Reduction Model.
- Computer literate and experience working with electronic medical records.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule (including evenings and nights).
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Plum Benefits
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com