VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Peer Navigator for Residence
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor
ABOUT THE ROLE: To provide concrete services geared toward assisting men and women who have histories of medical, behavioral and mental health needs. Provides peer support to engage the individual on a continuum of care to help the individual achieve and maintain motivation for continuing their care while maintaining recovery from substance abuse and mental illness.
- Conduct in person outreach to clients having difficulty maintaining adherence to treatment (Mental Health/Medical/Substance Abuse Treatments/HIV Care)
- Outreach phone calls and letters as well as follow up
- Accompany clients to appointments
- Make home or agency related visits
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working with the target population
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org