VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Medical Records Clerk
REPORTS TO: Director
ABOUT THE ROLE: Provides general clerical support to the OTP Medical Department, including the handling of confidential information and the maintenance of all counseling records to ensure optimum services are provided to clients.
- Maintain confidential medical records and keeps general tracking information on all client records.
- Maintains up-to-date records include filing of client records and documents.
- Prepare charts for new admissions and maintain flow chart.
- Compile data and prepare reports that contribute to the operation of the department.
- Provide back up coverage for the switchboard in the absence of the Receptionist and/or Office Assistant.
- Respond to telephone inquiries and take messages in a professional manner including management of the departmental voice mail system and telephone logs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Exceptional of computer programs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org