VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
POSITION TITLE: Registered Nurse for 764 Residence
POSITION REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Utilizing the nursing process and evidenced based practice, provides holistic, quality, cost effective nursing care, that promotes recovery, safety, health and wellness.
- Demonstrate understanding of OASAS 820 regulations.
- Able to provide nursing care to patients in the 3 elements of Residential Redesign known as Stabilization, Rehabilitation & Reintegration.
- Reviews patient medical records including consent for all patients being admitted for ambulatory detoxification with on-site monitoring.
- Utilize the clinical opioid withdrawal scale (COWS) or other opiate withdrawal scale to assess patient for signs & symptoms of opiate withdrawal.
- Assess and monitor patients undergoing medication assisted detoxification in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Able to complete required documentation on all assigned patients adhering to department policy, procedure and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assume “Charge Nurse” responsibilities in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- Current NYS RN License
- RN A.A.S. degree (BSN preferred).
- Minimal 3 years’ experience working inpatient or outpatient detox/rehab, residential treatment
- Current Infection Control Certificate
- Current BCLS completion card
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com